|This Little Light of Mine|
|Season 2, Episode 23a|
|Air date||January 30, 2000|
|Written by||Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||Jeff Buckland|
Flick's Big Fakeout
Look Ma, No Hands
This Little Light of Mine is the first story from the 23rd episode of Season 2 and the 69th story overall of PB&J Otter. In this story, Peanut and Jelly capture a lightning bug one evening. When Butter notices how sad the bug appears to be stuck in a small jar on the window sill, she decides to set him free. It was based on the traditional children's folk song of the same name released as a single from the Rise and Shine album by Raffi.
- Catching Lightning Bugs
- Watching Lightning Bugs
- Peanut, Jelly, and Butter hug in this episode.
- The title of this episode is supposed to be a reference to the Raffi song "This Little Light of Mine, I'm Gonna Let it Shine".
- Butter names the lightning bug, "Bug-Bug" in this episode. This happens when she talks to him and frees him in the middle of the night.
- This is the first and only time Butter forgives Peanut and Jelly in a PB&J Otter episode.
- Butter talks a lot and is kind and sweet in this episode.
- Peanut and Jelly sleep in opposite parts in their bunk beds: Jelly sleeps on top while Peanut sleeps on the bottom.