|The Treasure of Hoohaw Rock|
|Season 1, Episode 2a|
|Air date||March 21, 1998|
|Written by||Jeff Buckland|
|Directed by||Jeff Buckland|
A Sledding We Will Go
The Treasure of Hoowhaw Rock is the first story of the 2nd episode of Season 1 and the 3rd story overall of PB&J Otter. In this story, Mayor Jeff takes Peanut, Jelly, and Butter on a treasure hunt to find a bunch of long-lost toys that Mayor Jeff buried near Hoohaw Rock as a kid.
Peanut and Jelly are squabbling over their toys and refusing to share. Peanut takes Jelly's doll (Commander Casserole) after Jelly messed up Peanut's power otter stuff. So Peanut, he was trying to get Jelly back by taking her Commander Casserole doll after she ruined his power otter stuff. Mayor Jeff says that when he was a kid he hid his favorite toys over on Hoohaw Rock so his sister couldn't get at them. The trouble is, he hid them so well that he's never been able to find them again. PB&J set off with Mayor Jeff in search of the missing treasure, and it takes their combined noodle-power to figure out where it is.
- Although this episode marks the first appearance of Ootsie and Bootsie, neither of them speak.
- The introduction received minor changes though it is uncertain. Since the houseboat rides have been dropped, all clips were removed. A red paint bucket appear in place of the houseboat rides in the very beginning of the show's intro, Peanut, Jelly, and Butter go out and run past Pinch and Scootch in every two stories, and clips from The Dollhouse, Babbleberry Day, Duckbird Alert, Gotta Dance and A Sledding We Will Go replace the opening clips for the very first time. Finally, the PB&J text is removed at the end.
- This is the first episode to not feature the original end credits filled with a burgundy and blue background from now on, instead it shows four babbleberry bushes with clips from Bye Bye PB&J and Babbleberry Day and they will be used in this story along with A Sledding We Will Go from now on.
- (After Opal Otter calms everyone down, she wants to know what happened.)
- Jelly: But Mama, Peanut took my doll Commander Casserole!
- Peanut: But that's because Jelly messed up my power otter stuff!
- Opal: Why don't you two learn how to share?