|Follow Your Nose (Episode)|
|Season 2, Episode 17|
|Air date||November 23, 1999|
|Written by||Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||Jeff Buckland|
The Ice Moose
Follow Your Nose
In a special double-length episode developed with the help of the American Foundation for the Blind, Peanut, Jelly and Butter are out having a picnic when they meet a group of mole children-- Edward, Molly, and Nosey who are also setting off on their own picnic. Lured by the smell of babbleberry pie, Flick soon joins the Otters for their picnic. He spots one of the doors in the forest built by the moles and starts to panic. He tells the Otters what he's heard about the moles-- that they're martial arts experts who carry "numchucky stick thingies" and wear dark glasses because they have something to hide. Peanut, Jelly and Butter don't believe him and they eventually meet the mole children and all become friends. When Butter and Nosey get separated from the group, the moles teach the Otters and Flick how to use their sense of smell for location. Later, these skills are put to use when the moles invite the others to their picnic, but Jelly is scared of the dark.
- Executive Producers - Shreyl Shamps Leach Peter Moss
- Supervising Producer - Barking Bullfrog
- Director - Cartoon Company
- Written by - Mark S. Bernthal
- Executive Story Editor - Dan Sawyer
- Voice Director - Bob Singleton
- Line Producer - Linda Houston
- Story Edited by Eric Weiner
- Musical Director: Bob Singleton
- Lyrics by Fred Newman
- Storyboards by Kathleen V. Kerr
- This was the first double length episode of PB&J Otter.
- This was the second time Peanut and Jelly hug in a PB&J Otter episode.
- This was the first time Peanut and Jelly hug in a double length episode.
- This is the only double-length episode centered around Butter.
- Pinch and Munchy do not appear.
- An unnamed rabbit, crow, and bookworm mark this episode as their only appearance.